Making an oil blend is simple and easy. One of my favorite blends to make and use is a calming blend. You can rub it on your pulse points or your neck or even just smell it when you are feeling stressed, anxious or worried. It is a great blend to keep on hand, in your purse or by your night stand; it can always come in handy for you or a friend.
What you need:
- Chamomile Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil (Optional)
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Roll-on refillable glass perfume bottle
- Fractionated coconut oil
This combination of oils works great for a calming blend because they all have similar calming and relaxing therapeutic properties. Each oil is also has a very subtle smell that blends well with other oils; no one oil in this blend will over power another, I find the smell is refreshing and relaxing.
- Therapeutic, calming effect on the skin, mind and body
- Calming and relaxing qualities
- Eases muscle tension
- Therapeutic properties
- Uplifts your mood
- Stress relief
- Clears breathing
- Calming effect
- Enhances mood
- Grounding and uplifting properties
What you do:
- Fill the glass bottle half way with the fractionated coconut oil; I got mine on Amazon for pretty cheap.
- Next, put 5 to 8 drops of each oil into the bottle.
- Finally, screw in the roller ball top and shake the bottle until well combined.
That’s basically it, now you have a homemade essential oil therapeutic calming blend, to use whenever you need a bit of a stress reliever or when you are practicing yoga or even meditating.